Years back, Robert and I collaborated on tale about men’s and women’s pubs.
Provided our diametrically compared methods to work — him sculpting phrase by phrase, me personally planning to blurt out a messy draft then return back and tinker — it is magic we didn’t started to blows.
Our research ended up being “dating” one another — Robert dragging me personally into homosexual watering holes (he had been careful to select pubs he didn’t regular, into lesbian spots lest I cramp his style), me strutting him. A few weeks ago, he said he’d reread the tale and thought it absolutely was actually bad — small tips, clunky prose. And seeking it over, I’d to concur. Nevertheless, Robert, you had been the most useful kid date I ever endured. — Alisa Solomon
A TENDER TOP
Listed here is our top that is last 10
1. A kiss at the Blue Willow in order that all of the global world would understand.
2. Trading marriage rings over pastrami.
3. A flat with green carpeting and red walls we could make our own that we knew.
5. A bathtub high in kittens and William meowing to be noticed.
6. Our very first anniversary, I-95, and a tree that is growing.
7. A cool February time in Berlin searching for art and coping with snowfall and torn-up combat shoes.
8. March 26, 1993: City Hall, domestic partnership, and a nervous bride.
9. The Statue of Liberty — a kiss salt and— and pepper shakers.
10. My birthday celebration this when you struggled to light a candle and carry the cake yourself year.
Not to mention viewing you as you slept for 2204 evenings. Do you know what? We nevertheless do.
“Always on my head. ” Perry
PRIME TIME PALS
HOW CAN ROBERT DIE — and keep me personally to view Nixon’s funeral alone? Well supplied with a great amount of cigarettes, take-out consumes, and gallons of caffeinated drink, and sharing a loathing that is mutual the abruptly sanctified former prez, Robert, their enthusiast Perry, and I will have possessed a ball together with his send-off. […]